Intermediate Energy Modeler or Energy Analyst
Your New Opportunity
ROV Consulting Inc. has an immediate exciting opportunity for an Intermediate Energy Modeler or Energy Analyst to join our young, vibrant, service focused team in Kelowna. In this role you will be responsible for energy simulation services to represent the performance of buildings, and to evaluate and quantify the impact of policy, design, retrofit and operational decisions. You will be working closely with clients and professionals alike and provide clear communications both verbally and in writing.
- Performing energy modelling for multi residential buildings, high-rise residential towers, commercial and institutional buildings;
- Performing enhanced field review / energy audits and technical report writing;
- Conducting building envelope/air tightness testing and commissioning;
- Providing thermal bridging and thermal performance analysis; and
- Communicating with clients, architects, developers, etc.
The successful candidate must have:
- 3 – 5 years’ of professional experience as whole building energy modeler and/or related mechanical HVAC design experience. At least 3 years of professional experience must be in Canada.
- Completion of a Professional Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Architecture or an equivalent Building Science Professional Degree from a post-secondary institution.
- Demonstrated experience in energy modelling using a variety of modelling software is essential.
- Proven knowledge of current methodologies and design practices in building systems, architecture, engineering, and construction with particular emphasis on building envelope design and practices.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency with Energy Step Code implementation and modeling process.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in TRACE 3D and/or IES Virtual Environment and/or Design Builder is essential and/or demonstrated experience with other hourly dynamic building energy modelling software.
- Demonstrated experience with energy modelling of HVAC systems and controls required.
- Advanced understanding of energy model inputs and outputs; management and post-processing of energy model results with the ability to identify design impacts.
- Deep understanding of applicable building and energy modelling codes in British Columbia.
- Project management experience with the ability to plan task deliverables, develop scopes, and attend multiple projects simultaneously in an organized way.
- Preferably a Certified Energy Adviser, or Certified Passive House Consultant/Certified Passive House Designer.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Sketchup and/or Revit. Use of PHPP, THERM (or similar), Rhino/Grasshopper/ Bug suite and the Adobe suite is desired but not required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the building community and various client groups.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with green building rating systems such as Zero Carbon Building Standard, Passive House, Embodied Carbon, LEED and/or the Living Building Challenge.
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Residence.
- A valid driver’s license.
Application Requirements: Recent resume, project portfolio (including minimum 3 energy modeling projects in Canada), and cover letter.