Your New Opportunity
ROV Consulting Inc. has an immediate exciting opportunity for a Building Energy Advisor to join our young, vibrant, service focused team in Kelowna. In this role you will be responsible for acquiring new clients, proposals, collecting on-site data, reading blueprints and performing some measurements, performing energy modeling and drafting for variety of projects: single family, multifamily, commercial and high-rise. You will be working closely with clients and professionals alike and provide clear communications both verbally and through drawings and details.
- Acquiring new clients & proposals
- Performing energy modelling for many different types of buildings.
- Performing enhanced field review / energy audits and technical report writing.
- Conducting building envelope/air tightness testing and commissioning.
- Providing thermal bridging and thermal performance analysis; and
- Communicating with Clients, Architects, developers and Contractors.
The successful candidate must have:
- Building Science or relevant college diploma.
- Experience in the sustainability/green construction industry.
- Have a working experience with energy modeling software such as HOT2000 and/or E-QUEST.
- Experience in residential energy auditing tools and techniques, including blower door testing.
- Have a strong understanding of Building Envelope and HVAC Systems
- Registered or certified Energy Advisor is preferred.
- A strong ability of reading and visualizing blueprints.
- Knowledge of BC Building Code Par 3 and Par 9, and BC Energy Step Code.
- Knowledge of building and building systems design along with principles of energy use, energy efficiency and conservation.
- Familiarity with energy-efficient building techniques (e.g. Passive House and Net-Zero House, LEED) is an asset.
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Residence.
- A valid driver’s license.
- An outgoing personality.
- A team player attitude.