Structural Engineers in Kelowna BC
Richard O. Visscher, P.Eng. (Alberta & Yukon) PE (Arizona) P.Eng. (non-practicing, BC) graduated from the Unversity of Alberta in 1978 and has been a member of APEGBC from May 6th, 1981 (non-practicing since April 29, 2015). He moved to the Okanagan in 1981 to work with AcuTruss and AcuJoist. In 1997 Richard ventured out on his own and started ROV Consulting out of his home office. Since then, the company has grown along with Kelowna, and is now located in a beautiful 1600 square foot office within the prestigious INVUE Building. Richard has been involved in the construction industry for over 38 years in various capacities.
On April 29, 2015 his status in BC was changed to P.Eng. (non-practicing). Richard is semi retired and still "CEO" of ROV Consulting.
The smart, young engineers who work for ROV Consulting Inc. do an excellent job of the engineering now, sealing their own work.
Richard is working toward retirement and is in the process of a succession plan that will see the engineering staff gaining part ownership of ROV Consulting Inc.
Richard O. Visscher P.Eng. (non-practicing), CEO
1977 B. Sc. in Civil Engineering from the University of Alberta
- 1981-2015 Member of the Association of Professional Engineers of British Columbia (non-Practicing since April 29, 2015)
- 1997 Member of the Association of Professional Engineers of Alberta
- 1998 Member of the Association of Professional Engineers of Arizona
- 2013 Member of the Association of Professional Engineers of the Yukon
Mahdi Yazdinezhad, M.Sc P.Eng
- 2003 B.Sc in Civil Engineering - KNT University of Technology (Iran)
- 2009 M.Sc in Civil Engineering - Shomal University (Iran)
- 2009 P.Eng - Member of Iranian Construction Engineers Organization
- 2012 Registered P.Eng with the Association of Professional Engineers of British Columbia
- 2016 Masters Degree in Structural Engineering - University of British Columbia
Mahdi joined ROV Consulting in 2010. He developed his structural engineering experience in Canada by designing commercial, industrial and residential buildings. Prior to coming to Canada, he worked 7 years in Iran designing a wide variety of projects, including high rises & mid rise residential. He recently completed his Masters degree at UBC focusing on performance based seismic design of steel and wood hybrid structures. Mahdi has his P.Eng seal in British Columbia and Saskatchewan.
Bahareh Reza, P.Eng, PhD
- 2003 Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, K.N Toosi University of Technology
- 2008 Master of Science in Civil Engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology
- 2013 Doctor of Philosophy in Civil Engineering, University of British Columbia
Bahar is the first female engineering PhD graduate from UBC Okanagan's School of Engineering. She received her Ph.D. degree in Civil Engineering with specialty in design of high-performance and energy-efficient buildings and infrastructure. She has more than 8 years of professional experience as Project Engineer-Structural. She is the author of several peer-reviewed journal papers in prestigious engineering journals. In addition to a wide range of structural design services that she can provide, she is also an expert in following areas:
- - High-performance building energy solution (net-zero and passive housing)
- - Building energy modelling for design/cost optimization analyses
- - Energy efficiency & sustainability consulting
- - Building life cycle energy analysis
Meagan Harvey P.Eng
- 2011 B.A. Sc in Civil Engineering - University of British Columbia
- 2011 E.I.T. registered with the Association of Professional Engineers of British Columbia
- 2015 P.Eng with APEG BC
Meagan joined us in 2010 as a summer Co-Op student. Her undergraduate studies focused on structural concrete, wood and steel design. She also has previous experience in concrete and soil testing. Since joining us full time in 2011 as an E.I.T. she has worked on a variety of projects, including pools, custom homes and commercial renovations. Meagan received her P.Eng certificate in August 2015.
Trevor Judd E.I.T.
- 2009 B. Sc in Engineering - University of Calgary
- 2009 Member of the Association of Professional Engineers of BC
- 2009 Member of the Association of Professional Engineers of Alberta
Trevor spent every summer during university framing houses with a construction crew. He specializes in 3D modelling & design and lateral design for custom homes. He is currently working on his Masters of Applied Science in Structural Engineering at UBC with a focus on steel bridge fragility assessments.
- 2000 – Engineering Design and Drafting Technology Diploma - University College of the Cariboo, Kamloops, BC
Quentin has been in Kelowna since 2002. His work experience includes mechanical engineering drafting, land surveying, residential drafting and construction, and over 7 years drafting in structural engineering. Projects have included industrial, commercial and custom home design in wood, steel, concrete and masonry.
Bradley Veenstra, AScT
- 2012 - Graduated with Honors from the Architectural and Engineering Technology Program - Thompson Rivers University
- 2014 - Applied Science Technologist (AScT) Certification
Bradley has been with ROV Consulting Inc. since 2014. He completed a detailed research project on concrete designs during his schooling at Thompson Rivers University. Bradley's work experience includes Structural Design, specializing in Wood, Steel, and Concrete designs of Commercial, Multi-Family residential, Custom Homes, and Custom Landmark Structures. He has been a member of Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of British Columbia since 2009, and is a Structural and Architectural Building Designer in AutoCAD and Revit 3D Design softwares.
Kaelynn D'Amico - Office Manager
- 2012 Certificate in Accounting - Okanagan College
Kaelynn has been with ROV Consulting Inc. since 2016. She has managed several prestigious businesses over the years and looks forward to meeting you.
Jennifer A. Guy - Bookkeeper
- 2002 B.A. - UBCO
- 2010 DFA - Bookkeeping Services Specialist
- 2010 Certified Professional Bookkeeper - Institute of Professional Bookkeepers of Canada
Jennifer has been with ROV Consulting since 2006.